Thread: VFD on Vista Media Center Edition

VFD on Vista Media Center Edition

I had setup a Ahanix Dvine case which has a samsung vfd connected to the parallel port. I had downloaded and install the appropriated software for running vfd from it site. I had Vista Ultimate in my system with Media Center support. First it works fine and the LCD displays all the appropriate information. But the same is not working in Media Center. It is giving errors. Then I ordered a iMon VFD remote for the same purpose. I want to does Media Center remote will support it or not. And what are the others VFD models you guys are using right now.

Re: VFD on Vista Media Center Edition

I too have a similar setup. But here everything is working fine. The error can be due the inappropriate drivers for your LCD Smartie. Just go to the official site back again and get the proper driver and plugin. The site offers a compatible plugin for the same with Windows Vista. Mainly this problem will be solved out when you install up the drivers. The VFD comes with Antec Fusion with most of the time works fine.

Currently I am using a OrigneAE VF110 with my system. It is a flexible IR Trans solution. It is fully compatible with both Windows and Linus. It gets it power from the ATX cable and works on USB support. It does not has any external cable. You can even Turn On and Turn Off you HTPC by it. It comes with linux drivers, philips mce remote, scrolling display, etc. It a compatible entirely with MCE.

The iMon remote works fine with the Media Center. It functions by mapping a keystroke to the button. You can also enjoy mouse mode in it. Moreover whoever is worked with it has just considered this remote as well working with MCE. Just avoid installing the Multi Media software. The remote is designed for the MCE and with multiple functions on it.