Thread: LEDs on Memory Modules

LEDs on Memory Modules

Hello everybody,

Just curious to know.Does any one recalls that old Corsair ProSeries memory?? what you guys thinks about the Crucial Tracers?.how is that? what will you say if companies should do more to add more "bling" to their high end memory modules?

any thoughts?
    Cheers...

Re: LEDs on Memory Modules

I would say that a failure of the motherboard is more likely than a failure of all 4 memory modules. I had ballistix tracers.having high failure rates those single sided ones.However, they looked were awesome, and would blink according to memory i/o operations. However, the lights were buggy. If I worked the sticks at any more than ddr800 speed, they didn't twinkle like they were suppose to do, and most of the time, just sat there lit. The ram was rated 1066 for the record.

Basically the led's are on the riser boards and correspond to each memory slot apparently.A friend of mine had the same ram issue with an XPS 410 several weeks ago ( twice ), 3 out of 4 sticks gone.Understood that there had been a some of brown outs (apparently common when the summer tourists descend upon his shore town) and he had no surge protector.After installing new memory and finally plugging his computer into a surge protector, he has had no problems.

when you use Ballistix tracers on DFI boards or any with UV slots the dimm slots get a crap , light look from being exposed to the led's it's like they fade. I really like the look but over time the glow goes away from the memory slots because of the led's