Thread: Belkin Router Losing Wan Connection

Belkin Router Losing Wan Connection

Hello,

I am with a Belkin N1 Vision F5D8232-4 router.Apparently it gives a drop in the WAN connection intermittently.Whenever it drops the connection all the networked machines also lose connectivity to all other networked resources for instance my printer.The only way to get back the connection is to re start the router. For some odd reason in the security log it shows a strange re-start dat .Does anyone know what is wrong please get me some feedback also..

helps would greatly appreciated

Re: Belkin Router Losing Wan Connection

All right, You do one thing visit into your wireless router and check and see what the setting is for the number of people you can have to receive DHCP. I know some routers have that option. I had the same problem on a D-Link AP. Changed it and didn't have any issues.

Does your "automatic PVC scan" checked?.I would also advise a firmware update in case you have older stock, as the 72 did have a few teething issues one of which was connection issues with static IPs. The 76 works pretty good with static IPs.else it could be the issues of multiple causes. Your PPPoE DSL is not an always on Internet connection so your choice on how to configure your router.Mine had the PPPoE and it worked fine but I needed to check off some box to "stay connected."

My guess is that a firmware upgrade will sort out the disconnect problem. If there is no upgrade, reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it. Sometimes routers work better after that.Obviously, I am thinking that you do not get these disconnects when running with a computer connected directly to the modem.