Thread: Linksys DMA2200 not recording DVD

Linksys DMA2200 not recording DVD

Hi,
    I had added a Linksys DMA2200 Media Extender to Windows Vista Media Center. I had added a month ago. The problem here is not that is has stopped copying DVD. I insert and when I try to copy it gives out some error. I had tried it many time but nothing works right now. Can anyone is facing the same issue then please give the proper solutions. Thanks anyways.

Re: Linksys DMA2200 not recording DVD

Download and update the firmware for the hardware if it is working slow or if there is any other issue. The latest firmware for the same can be downloaded from the official site. It is an awesome tool. The error can be due to the firmware or any corrupt disk. As you said that you purchased it recently then it can due to some minor issues.

It is a additional Media Acceleration device. So the issue can be due to either any improper error or loose cable. What type of disc are you trying to copy. Is it your traditional videos which you burn regularly. If it a new one then it is probably anti piracy cd. That means whatever you do you cannot copy the disc. It is built on some special features which blocks the copying and recording of content in the disc.

As posted on the above post that means you are trying to record a original copyright protected disc. See the below thread to view more information. As the disc is protected under copyright law you cannot copy it. But there are many third party tool which can copy this type of disc also. But that should be avoided or you yourself will be liable for the consequences.
    Is it illegal to copy DVD disc