Thread: Need Drivers for Explorer set top box

Need Drivers for Explorer set top box

I had connected a Explorer set top box to my home theater system which consist of a 51" TV which receives 15HDTV stations from Roger Cable. The model of the set top box is SA3250HD. Now I am trying to sync the same with my Media center pc but it is not detecting the channels. Is there any particular drivers for the same. And second thing when I change the standard channel then the picture quality degrades to worse.

Re: Need Drivers for Explorer set top box

Click on the below link and download the manual for your set top box. This can be a configuration issue. The set top box is kind of a receiver which just receive the channels and then those are received by your TV Tuner card. After that they comes to your computer screen. So you can understand that it can be either the TV Tuner card issue or the box. See the below manual and configure it.

Manual

The problem can be with scanning problem in the box. You will have to contact your cable service provider for issue. But before that just work on the resolution thing properly. The can be a basic bad resolution error. It can also be a resolution issue. Set your resolution to 1080i or 540p. Check your cable settings and then rescan the entire cable guide. Hope this can help you.

The resolution does not changes unless you will not switch it over to a different rate. Leave the resolution on 1080i mode. Just try to first downscale the resolution to 480i and then switch to non digital channels. It is true that when you switch to non digital standard definition channel then the picture quality goes down. You would be using a STB and component video cable. This is more worse under this condition.