Thread: Parallel VFD kit for Vista Media Center

Parallel VFD kit for Vista Media Center

Hi,
    I am trying to setup my Ahanix Dvin case for the HTPC system. I am here trying to set the case by connecting a Samsung vfd through the parallel port. I had put the mce.zip software provided by Ahanix. I am getting a driver error from it. Sometime it works fine but after a while the error pops up. I think it is a driver conflict among the system files.

Re: Parallel VFD kit for Vista Media Center

Try to re-install the driver back again. If possible try to download any plugin for the same. It can help you out. This is probably a driver issue so you will have to recover the compatible drivers for the same. Then comes the configuration issue. It is really tedious job to set this out. If you are running Windows Vista then probably you will suffer more due compatibility issue.

If you trying to run the Samsung VFD in a Ahanixe case on Windows Vista then you will notice that it will not work. This is why because the VFD driver does not work on Vista and neither the Driver for the same is available on the Ahanix web site. The front view is a substitute for the default drivers for many LCD and VFD displays. The advance version of this display are highly customizable with the Media Center with custom plug-ins.

I had worked with a USB VFD kit. The problem is that it is not compatible with Ahanix D4 case but work with other systems. The kit is compatible with multiple platforms. It also works in Vista MCE. The board displays the current work on the screen and it is suitable for all HTPC software. Only you need the latest driver for the same.