Thread: Need details on Ahanix MCE601

Need details on Ahanix MCE601

I am going to purchase a second hand Ahanix MCE601 box from my friend to build up a small home theater system at my house. I am have Vista MCE edition in my computer. I need some general information on it along with its drivers. And also what are the VFD options included in it. Does the tool is fine for a Home Theater system or I should go for much costlier version. Thanks.

Re: Need details on Ahanix MCE601

Ahanix MCE601 is an ideal solution for your home theater system. The box has good look and it compatible with multiple platforms. It is portable branded case which is really hard to upgrade. It has a full room for ATX motherboard in it. It is an simple and great system to give your maximum output. Now your hardware system depends on the output and the home theater support.

The features of VFD options is that it is a stand alone VFD port. It uses any parallel port if there is any drawback. The working is fine and other thing like cpu fan speed, temp, etc is fine. I had doubt about Vista but the Windows XP MCE driver is available for the same. I had never heard that it work on Vista but atleast you can try it and then decide.

It consist of a USB controlled VFD MM edition which is connected via internal USB. It works with Multi-media software and does not displays a custom text. It has a internal usb and ir receiver with a awesome remote control integration with Windows XP specially. The VFD does not displays the MCE information. Below is the link of driver support for the same. It is the USB driver.
    Drivers