Thread: Need a USB IR Controller

Need a USB IR Controller

Hi,
    I am looking for USB IR Blaster. Last time I went into a entire process at the my friends house for developing the IR blaster. But that is a really tedious job. I want a portable USB IR controller. If it is a USB IR Blaster which at least can receive the signal without any advanced configurations. I was trying to locate but could not find the exact solution. Any suggestion really appreciated.

Re: Need a USB IR Controller

I will recommend you to use a Windows based PVR. It is quiet handy and easy to use. It is upgradable and compatible with Windows. Hauppauge is company which is providing IR blaster worked on set top box. You can get a PVR 150 PCI card. The same device can be used as external via WinTV PVR-USB2. The cost price is around $50.

I have a scriptable USB IR Controller. It is a first generation of USB IR blaster with a remote control. You can configure it by pressing some keys on the remote control and access it. You can create a codes and scripts and access the IR device via written program. I have tried a Olympus 8mp digital SLR camera. It is also a IR control out. It is a good start for working with IR blaster.

Multiple online sites offers you a many IR receivers. They are USB compatible. One for the product which I know is HP USB IR Blaster for Windows Vista MCE. The charge of this product is around $13.90. It is available on Amazon. It is a simple plug and play device. It is compatible with RC6 IR Remote and logitech harmony universal remote control.