Thread: LG DVD GSA H30L not working

LG DVD GSA H30L not working

Hi,
    I have a LG DVD drive in my computer. The model number for the same is LG DVD GSA H30L. It is not working while burning DVD disc. Every time the DVD burning process fails and the burning sometimes goes very slow. I had tried on different disc, checked cables but everything is proper. I had also tried with a different burning software also. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Re: LG DVD GSA H30L not working

Try disassembling the unit and change the cable. The SATA cable inside can be damaged. If you hard disk and DVD drive is connected to the same cable then separate them. This can be a hardware issue. Change the cable assemble it back again. Then restart your system and run a DVD lens cleaner disc. It is possible that due to dust the Lens is not reading the disc. Clearing the lens can solve the issue out.

Download the latest firmware of the hardware. Upgrading a new firmware can clear up the issues. Most of the DVD are suffering form this problem only. A proper firmware upgrade can increase the performance of the disc and give a better quantity DVD. You can download the latest firmware from the official site of LG. Go to LG and download the same.

Try to update the latest drivers. Right click on My Computer and click on Properties. The go to Hardware tab and click on Device Manager. In the list right click on the DVD writer and click on uninstall. Then restart your pc. After restarting windows will detect the hardware and install it automatically. Make sure that you are online.