Thread: Homemade Liquid Cooling System

Homemade Liquid Cooling System

Hiya Folks,

I was planing to build a homemade liquid cooling system,Before I proceed ,i could know it properly so am asking will It be efficient? I'm going to get an radiator with size of about a square foot which can cool with a square fan with Pond Pump,since i hate to spend enough bucks for this.Some body can share your point of view regarding this topic..

Any ideas should be appreciated..

Re: Homemade Liquid Cooling System

I would talk like,you should cool the pelts with the water. Pelts are cold on one side, and hot on the other, if you don't cool the hot side, then the cold side gets warm... needless to say you don't want to cool your comp with warm water.If you find rads to be too expensive, go down to your nearest junk yard and pull a heater core off an old car. If that idea doesn't appeal to you, go to autozone and get one for around 15 bucks. .here the heater cores have better flow than rads do.

You require a good water block...if you don't have a drill press or better yet a CNC machine then use a SOL to make stuff.If you with a pond pump then determine how large you require your barbs and hose...get yourself 10-15' of tygon tubing or something like it, that way you can check your pumps head. put your pump in a bucket and hold up your tubing as high as you can and understand how height the water gets before it stops, which can be your head.gather a bunch of barbs and some kind of container for a res.make sure the inside of your rad is not aluminum if it is you need a copper one. for blocks I suggest looking into what ones are good and what ones are not. then see if anyone is selling one used. otherwise your gonna need to do a lot of research about block designs and then purchase a large block of copper to play with.

Bro,there are a lot of factors that can go into influencing the effectiveness of your loop at various points of its path. It is pretty much a given that the CPU is going to be the most important component that is, if you include it in your loop and decide not to cool it via convection. So, you want your CPU water block to receive the best possible flow rate with the maximum "head" potential. if you have no rad to go with it, don't try to bong cooling. it performs better than rad. and maybe ditch the reservoir and put the pump inside the heat exchange as well,it can save you some space.