Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Pc too hot do i add more cooling, power supply

Hardware Peripherals

Old 12-08-2009

Pc too hot do i add more cooling, power supply

Hello friends,

I am using a Gateway LX6810 with two additional hard drives.I feel like it is working hot. The drives are hot even i can't touch and the rear side of the cpu is hot too. I just want to ensure the safety of my computer. Do I need more cooling, a better power supply, both ... what do you recommend? please help me out

thanks in advance..!!

Old 12-08-2009

Re: Pc too hot do i add more cooling, power supply

If you are not feeling comfortable you can add some cooling stuffs.Antec Tricool fans are a popular fan.Which can be slowed down when not gaming to preserve your eardrums and patience. One thing you didn't specify.In between What case do you have? I only ask, as there are much more efficient and quiet fans in the 120mm flavor.
Old 12-08-2009

It occurs,But i meant to ask you what type of Processor you are running. If it's a Prescot CPU then this is pretty much the norm for those cpu's. You can use more case cooling fans to make the temps down a bit and a better CPU cooler. Bios's have a thermal setting where you can set the maximum temp before it warns you and newer CPU's use a throttle back feature, when the CPU reaches a certain temperature it will throttle back to 50% to keep the temps down. Generally you could use some more cooling but overall I don't think this is too hot
Old 12-08-2009

Seems like there are spots for a 80mm fan in the front and a 120mm fan in the back. FSP make decent power supplies so I'm confident it's better,for hard drives avoid using more power. You could buy a couple fans and I'm sure it will help a little with the temps but your hard drives won't be significantly cooler without air blowing directly on them. It might not be a bad idea to replace that duct and the stock CPU cooler with a tower cooler and a good 120mm fan on it and in the back case position. A tower cooler would suck warm air away from the hard drive bay area and help cool them.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,