Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't read Blu-ray disc on my pc

Hardware Peripherals

Old 11-08-2009
Members

Can't read Blu-ray disc on my pc

Hello guys , i got one blue-ray disc from my friend having lot of data store on it. But my pc doesn't recognize it. Whats wrong? it plays all other disc very fine but don't blue-ray. Do i need to install some application to make it work? I have windows xp and the sony dvd writer. Please guide me friends.

Old 11-08-2009

Re: Can't read Blu-ray disc on my pc

Is it blue-ray compatible dvd drive? You need the compatible dvd drive to read the blue-ray discs . If its compatible one then it could be because of the device firmware. It's also possible you damaged the drive while working on it.
Old 11-08-2009

BLU-RAY doesn't works on the ordinary player, you need a BLU-RAY player for that. A standard DVD player is only designed to read standard DVDs, so a Blu-Ray of HD-DVD will not work in a standard player. You need Blu-ray Player in order to view Blu-ray Disc. There is one single layer Blu-ray disc and one double-layer Blu-ray disc . A single-layer Blu-ray disc, which is roughly the same size as a DVD, can hold up to 27 GB of data, A double-layer Blu-ray disc can store up to 50 GB, enough to hold about 4.5 hours of high-definition video or more than 20 hours of standard video.
Old 11-08-2009

Refer to following threads:

Can't read blu ray disc
laptop cannot read blu-ray disc

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,