Thread: My Older Cd Player Does Not Play Burnt Cds

My Older Cd Player Does Not Play Burnt Cds

Hello , I think The title is Enough to Describe the Problem Yes , My Older Cd Player Does Not Play Burnt Cds, and i dont know Why it is happening , Can you Tell me Why Does this happen that my Old Cd player Cannot play the Burned Disc , please help me Thanks in advance

Re: My Older Cd Player Does Not Play Burnt Cds

DVD players until 2007 can play MP3 files burned to a CD but not on a DVD. DVD players since 2008 and players Blu-ray can play MP3 files burned on DVD: , but you can Try a different CD brand and/or slower burn speed. Burned CDs can be hard for older players to read. Sometimes changing media or burn rate will help but sometimes nothing will work.

The following reasons are known to cause problems:

• Some older CD players will not play CD-Rs or CD-RWs at all.
    • Some older CD players will play some CD-Rs or CD-RWs but not others. Different brands of CD-Rs and CD-RWs use different types of substrates to create their reflective surfaces. Some will fall into a particular player's specs and some will not.
    • CD-R 80 CDs do not have the same level of compatibility with players as 74 minute CD-Rs.
    • Try switching the brand of media you are using, as that has long been known to fix the problem.
    • Use CD-RWs instead of CD-Rs. Perhaps those will work better in your system.
    • Burn the CD at a slower speed.
    • When you burn a CD in Sound Forge, Vegas, or ACID, make sure that you close the CD's table of contents. If you fail to do this, the CD will not be read by the CD player.

There may be several reasons for this. Primarily a problem of compatibility support. All readers do not accept all brands of CD-R. You have to find the right combination of drive, support and drive.

If you try a CD-RW, it may be worse than a CD-R. Most readers can not read CD-RW. You might try burning at a 1x or 4x speed even though the burner and the CDs can support a faster burn.

A common mistake is forgetting to close the end of disc burning. It is impossible to read an audio CD . Also, remember that in the case of a multisession CD, all the audio data must be written in the first session. audio CD can not locate the most recent sessions, and the corresponding tracks can thus be read.

Sometimes the drive will rotate the disc, but not launch it. Sometimes it will have no problem to play the tracks, but will not jump from one track to another or go through a fast track reading. The solution may be to use another brand of media or another CD player.

If your hard jump, make sure the anti-skip protection is not activated. This function is available on portable players or car, but it is not always possible to disengage. CD players for cars are especially hard on the media type.

The older CD players were designed to play "pressed" commercial CD's only, and the "burned" CD's from computers and CD burners simply don't reflect enough of the laser signal back to be read in them , A lot of older CD players will not played burned disks, only commercial. There is really nothing you can do except get a newer player if you want to play burned CD's.