Thread: How to upgrade ps3 hard drive

How to upgrade ps3 hard drive

I wanted to know if it is possible to connect an external hard drive of 40 gb on a ps3. So that i can store more data on it. If anyone know How to upgrade ps3 hard drive please provide me information

Thanks

Re: How to upgrade ps3 hard drive

Yes, you can connect an external hard drive on a PS3 40GB. Remember that it must be formatted FAT32 and you should create a folder PS3.

Attached 2.5 inch S-ATA II (SATA 300) hard drive of any size 5400 rpm (higher number of revolutions are possible and provide faster access, but it can also creates problems!). Then you make a backup of your data at an extremely disk (USB stick, external drive) formatted in FAT32 to be, otherwise it is not and, of course, enough space for all existing data should provide! The backup path is the menu: Settings - System Settings - Backup Program - Backup and select on which drive you want to secure.

The exchange of the hard disk is also very easy. At the bottom of the PlayStation 3 is a flap that is no greater use of raw violence can solve. Then you actually see the hard drive already. Now you only have to put the blue screw is removed and the housing of the hard drive to a small lever to be pulled out. By loosening the screws on the sides of the disk enclosure, you can ultimately the old model and the new hard drive replaced.

Once you have swapped your hard drive and the above mentioned door on your PlayStation 3 is set, you, you will find that the PlayStation 3 is no longer in the system menu uploads. This is so that your new hard disk is unformatted (PlayStation 3 uses the FAT32 file format), and hence no current firmware is installed.

Before removing the hard drive necessarily the content of the old computer to an external USB memory secure. If their demos, or as I also purchased games on the HDD, you can backup ([Preferences] - [System Settings] - [Backup program] - [Backup]) a lot of space to complete and happy times an hour.