Thread: Thermal Print vs Inkjet Printer DVD

Thermal Print vs Inkjet Printer DVD

Hi,
    I am bit confuse between a Thermal Printer and a Inkjet Printer. Both are related to a DVD label printer. I want to ask that which among them is better in matter of reliability and production. I already have a Thermal Printer. So if I switch to Inkjet then does Printable Thermal disc will work in Inkjet. That means the old media disc can be utilized in the new printer. Thanks in advance.

Re: Thermal Print vs Inkjet Printer DVD

I am using Inkjet Print. Because it is a standard for all CD and DVD. The print quality is great and cost effective. I will recommend you Inkjet printer in case of production and cost effectiveness. But in case of Thermal Printers there is a different scenario. They uses a pressure and heat to put graphic on a disc. That gives a water proof and scratch proof disc that does not need any additional coating. So here Inkjet gives you a better CD quality for a short run and Thermal Print are for long run.

There is a big difference between the two printer workings. The CD printable media can be common between them. Here Thermal printer uses heat to print while Inkjet printer print in the form like printing on paper. Both of them uses a shiny silver color disc. But according to me Inkjet are best for a mass production. The CD surface looks laminated and the print quality is awesome.

Yes your old Printable Media can be used in Inkjet. Inkjet printers are better and cost effective. The label is much cheaper to buy and also a good quality. It is very easier to use also and align the labels. The only cons is that the label can peel and damage by the player and other surface contact. Other than this they are easy to handle and work with.