Thread: Replace the EPoX 9NPA+Ultra northbridge fan

Replace the EPoX 9NPA+Ultra northbridge fan

Hi all,

I Recently purchased a 9NPA+Ultra motherboard for my other computer.But the worst thing is that chipset fan is bit noisy.I am totally iliterate of this part of the computers so have no audacity to venture with this.So what could be the viable third party replacement.There is no room to spare in that the chipset fan enclosure is right next to the PCI-e slot.

Any thoughts..!!
    cheers...

Re: Replace the EPoX 9NPA+Ultra northbridge fan

I had the non-Ultra version of that board, and the Northbridge fan started making scraping noises with in few days after the purcahse.It only does it when the system has been powered down for a few days.In the mean time i bought a Zalman NB47J, on the grounds that the chipset on these boards does run quite hot, and I thought the big fins might be valuable. But the advice I got at the time was that it WAS possible to passively cool these boards, given adequate airflow within the case.

It is very complicated to say that what's going with the fan guard but you could find a replacement from sidewindercomputers.com even if the mounting screws don't match up suitable with the new fan, you can always hook it with a square of that 3M double sided gray mounting tape. those fans don't weigh much and that will hold it just fine.

If am having this kind of noisy fan,I would love to remove the fan. It doesn't move that much air, but you can only have it with no fan if you do have adequate airflow in your case rather than a rampant replacement.but i recommend you to get a smart fan for your computer you can looks up in to newegg