Thread: Flash drive stopped working suddenly

Flash drive stopped working suddenly

I am having a Sandisk 1Gb flash drive which i am using from last 10 months. It was working fine but yesterday by mistake i unplugged it accidentally without stopping and doing 'Safely remove hardware'. When i plug it again for doing some work my windows xp says the drive is not accessible. Why the Flash drive stopped working suddenly ? Please help me. It contains lots of important files.

Re: Flash drive stopped working suddenly

I am not able to get whats wrong with the flash drive. Try the flash drives on another computer and see if they work.Also see is there an LED on the flash drive, does this light up or flash?To be honest if the flash drive won't work on any computer it sounds like it has died.

There's no hope for it. And for your important documents ,, always keep back up ..

May be the circuit board is soldered to the connector is broken inside the flash drive case.Try plugging it into another computer.If they work on another computer, then you have issues with your machine. Could be hardware/power issues or software. You need to work out for your computer. And if not than you need to format the Flash drive. To know hoe to format it, click on this link : How to format Flash drive

You must go "Safely Remove Hardware" before removing it because flash drives have a tendancy to not survive power interruption, especially when in use. The option left is to format the drive or get a new one. If you are willing to buy new, than i can suggest you these:-

Transcend JetFlash T5 USB Flash Drive

Kingston 64 GB DataTraveler 150 USB Flash drive

if you were using your flash on the front ports of the cabinet , try using it on the back of the cpu(the real ports coming out of mobo)..it works some times