Thread: USB IR Transmitter

USB IR Transmitter

I was gliding at the same time to obtain a harmony of Logitech for the control of several devices. For example, clicking in the music button: to ignite the television, to go to make MediaPortal audio and to ignite the amplifier to Aux. But now I am thinking that an infrared transmitter exists USB, program that could send signals customary? So if I have used my cheap MCE remote control for HTPC, the HTPC will receive the signal and the custom to send a signal to the TV and the amplifier being used the infrared transmitter USB. It would be a good idea or to secure one better harmony?

Re: USB IR Transmitter

USB-UIRT (Universal Infrared Receiver/Transmitter) allows any USB-equipped PC to Transmit and Receive Infrared signals to common AV equipment.... The USB-UIRT is a Plug-N-Play USB Device. Simply plug it in to a Windows-based PC running Windows 98, ME, 2K, or XP and Windows will automatically prompt you for the driver disk.....

The use in conjunction with MainLobby to receive and to send commandos to go who allowed to the control of great part of my art through AV RS-232 and the rest me by means of infrared. I cannot do much more than it can do with a harmony. Many people also use beam. I am sure that a search in USBUIRT will give much information him exceeds he. If what wishes the basic control and the line of sight with the AV arts and, next, a universal remote control, probably has senseā€¦ but from his first entrance, I thought that it wanted to do more. The 50 USBUIRT is of $ a Harmony 555 is more cheap?

Simply I ask if a receiver MCE in the same sense could be used? I have 880 Harmony and to use it for the control of my Onkayo 606 and my HDPVR by satellite through a wall through a pair of those IR - > RF - > IR RadioShack pyramid things that sell and it's kinda flaky. I have been looking for in the systems of infrared distribution, but I can use my beam receiving + mce to go to cause that it works so well.