Thread: Hp Photosmart C5580 disc printing

Hp Photosmart C5580 disc printing

Hi,
    I have a Hp photosmart printer. I want to know that is there any option by which can print images on a CD or DVD disc. I am not sure about this. Does there any other hardware which can be added and then we can print the labels, images on the disc. My printer is useful for that. If not then list me some best CD/DVD printers. Thanks in advance.

Re: Hp Photosmart C5580 disc printing

The Hp photosmart is a all in one printer that gives you photo printing directly from blue tooth devices and memory card. But it is not possible to print on CD/DVD with this printer. Because it does not has any specific hardware. But you can create a CD/DVD label on a paper and then insert the same in a DVD case. It is a smart printer with multiple feature. For the CD/DVD thing you will have to look for a separate hardware.

Epson Printer can be solution for your query. But in this case you will have to buy a completely new printer. The Epson Epson Stylus Photo R280 Ink Jet Printer is good for CD/DVD Printing. You can add upto 4"x6" photo and print directly on the disc supplied by Epson. The inks are specially designed for photo printer which can last for many years. The printer is quiet affordable and gives ultra hi definition photo. That also in a fast and easy way.

Try Dymo's Disc Printer. A small, compatible and dedicated disc printer. It is a separte device which is only designed to print disc. It is called a DiscPainter. The device gives a high quality print which works by using RadialPrint technology. The device software is compatible with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. DiscPainter is an easy to use device which prints your favorite images directly on the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. View Post
    The Hp photosmart is a all in one printer that gives you photo printing directly from blue tooth devices and memory card. But it is not possible to print on CD/DVD with this printer. Because it does not has any specific hardware. But you can create a CD/DVD label on a paper and then insert the same in a DVD case. It is a smart printer with multiple feature. For the CD/DVD thing you will have to look for a separate hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by This is Original Post, but wanted new information to be clearly distinguished
    It's rather frustrating for me to see responses like this, because it spreads disinformation about the web. (Though I do appreciate that you were trying to be helpful)
    Checking the subject shows he's refering to an HP Photosmart C5580; a printer which has a special CD/DVD printing tray.

The software suite for both Mac and PC includes 'HP Photosmart Create', in which you can create a 'label', and print directly to printable CDs. (make sure you use printable CDs, or you could damage your printer and make a mess)
    In order to print to CDs, you must use the CD/DVD holder which is tucked away under the very bottom of your tray, lower the CD/DVD tray which is above where printouts come out, and slide the holder (with CD in the far holder location) into it's special slot.

The HP software is fairly weak, but if you know that the text boxes don't show up on the print-out, you can put your own image in as the background and still get a professional looking printout.

Now, the reason I'm searching for CD printing on this printer: I want to know if there's a way I can print directly from Illustrator or Photoshop to CDs. So far attempts have had the printer complaining the CD/DVD printing tray's open.
    (I'll search more; by the time anyone answers this I expect I'll have either found a solution, or there isn't one... though if anyone wanted to respond here for completeness, it would save the next person searching from having to bounce away from this page)

Best of luck to ya!
    And, for completeness, to print to a CD/DVD directly from other software, under 'page setup', set 'format for' to the printer, then under 'paper size', select 'CD/DVD 120mm'. I had looked here before, but apparently it started me halfway through the list when I thought it started me at the top. Scrolling up, I found the option ;-)
    Last edited by fredrickdakine; 30-09-2009 at 09:01 AM. Reason: solved my problem.

very good my friend