Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009

Rock Mobile Disk setup

Hi, I just bought the Rock Mobile External Hard Disk, I can't able to make my Windows detect it. I don't have any manual with this, there are 2 usb jacks coming out of the same end of the usb cord, i don't know why, as i'm connecting it, it windows should show it in My computer as the removable disk but there is nothing showing like that. Please someone make me understand the installation procedure for this Rock Mobile external hard disk, I'm trying to make it work on windows xp. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-08-2009

Re: Rock Mobile Disk setup

Have you tried all the USB ports? first try to plug it on the back panel USB ports. There can be Faulty USB cable , USB socket , drive . Can you hear the sound when you plug it in? If this is a self powered external drive - generally a 2 1/2" drive, without an external power supply - the 2 USB connections are required to draw power from 2 USB ports. A single USB port cannot supply enough power.
Creative X-Fi, Dell 2408WFP A01 24" LCD,
Acer P221w 22" LCD,
Corsair HX-1000 Watt PSU,
Vista 64-bit.
Old 07-08-2009

Refer to following threads :

http://forums.techarena.in/xp-hardware/985839.htm
I can't find the external hard disk in "My computer"
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...ces/920378.htm
Vista not detecting external Western Digital Hard Drive

Hope this will help.

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 07-08-2009

It should have come with the CD. Normally XP and vista doesn't gives this type of problems. I remember once i also bought an exernal drive long back, and was facing same issue, the fix for me was to format the hard disk first. I took it in to a computer shop with my laptop and they did for me. There is no information on Google on Rock drives.
Old 03-09-2009

I have Rock Mobile External Hard Disk, everytime after I save some information into the hard disk the Rock Mobile External Hard Disk always ask me to format the disk after I format than save the file again when I try to open the file the Hard disk ask me to format again, could some one tell me how to fix this issue/Thanks
Old 03-09-2009

Your Harddisk Definately seem to be Corrupted , if it is still Under Warranty then send it to service center for repair , if not , then sorry buddy

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,