Thread: Burn a LightScribe Disc Twice

Burn a LightScribe Disc Twice

Hi,
    I was reading a thread which shows that LightScribe disc can be burned twice to get a darker contrast on the label side. Is this possible. I believe that this can effect the disc quality. I had never done but if this really works then I will try but before that some suggestion can help to take a proper decisions. LightScribe is not a cheap technology it is costly. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Re: Burn a LightScribe Disc Twice

LightScribe disc are a unique disc which are specially designed to create label on them. They only work under a LightScribe Drive laser. The label on the disc is created by a thin dye on the layer which is burned by the same laser which makes you disc. It is possible to burn the disc twice. And it will give you a more darken effect. The label will become more darker and visible.

Yes it is possible to burn a label twice on a LightScribe disc. The label image will become more dark. But there are some adverse effect of this action. By burning a same label again the life of your laser will be reduced. Because in the LigthScribe drive a same laser unit is used to burn data on disc and to create a laser. So the single laser get degraded fast if you practice this.

According to it is possible but what about the alignment. If you created a label on the disc and took it out and you saw that is not so good and place it back again in the drive. Then do you think that the label will be burned again exactly over the same. This can create a alignment issue and spoil your label image. You can only find the answer by doing it one time.