Thread: Stripes in print on IP4600

Stripes in print on IP4600

Hello everybody

I have a new IP4600 with me.But unfortunately I get stripes in the print when printing on DVD-r's.I am using the supplied software from Cannon.
    attempted with labels with resolution 300-600dpi.prefer TDK with 16x speed "extra fine matt" DVD-R's.Somebody here to fix the issue??

thanks in advance

Re: Stripes in print on IP4600

Hey,try this things out Check the photo paper you are using, photos need paper and ink that are compatible with each other. I would tell to use Canon photo paper.If the printer prints as you would expect on plain paper then your issue is almost certainly the paper and not the printer. No test page is printed after a clean but you can print the test page by holding down the Resume button until the LED flashes twice.

I would do this things when the same thing used to occur to me with regular paper printing i did a nozzle check/maintenance utility, and if so have you attempted running it?.If a maintenance run doesn't help, then if you've only tried the one disc brand, trying another might shed some light. does the banding/striping occur when doing regular printing on the Canon?

Well, at least it is consistent. Since it is in the same spot, I'd suspect dirty rollers. Take a look and clean with some household cleaner or lcohol.Manual cleaning of the print head, or replacement of the print head is an option. Manual cleaning has been covered here many times, it typically involves soaking the base of the head in either 70% isopropyl alcohol, windex, or distilled water, or some combination of those.Repeat until the solution doesn't get muddied anymore, and let dry. If you need a more detailed explanation, it's easy to find. It doesn't always work, and if it doesn't, it's time to replace the head or the printer.