Thread: Hp 740b DVD does not recognized dual layer

Hp 740b DVD does not recognized dual layer

I have a Hp 740b DVD in my computer. When I insert any CD the CD icons comes on the desktop but the CD menu does not appear. Also the the light does not get off at the time of reading disc. I had dissemble the hardware and then place it back again. It worked for a while but again after a hour it has stopped. I am sure that the DVD drive is not bad. Is not so old.

Re: Hp 740b DVD does not recognized dual layer

This is an very common issue. Many a times the DVD firmware needs to be upgraded. That can be done by updating the drivers of you drive or just running your HP drive disc. Here is a simple way. Go to Start Menu > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager. Right click on the DVD drive in the list and click on Properties. Then go to Drive tab and select to update drivers.

Download and install Driver Detective from internet. It is a third part software which scans system and install the relevant driver of the hardware whenever need. The tool is a freeware tool and available on most of the sites. The tool has his own database of drivers. Second thing you can login to hp site and search for the firmware upgrade for the relevant model.

Download the below firmware upgrade for Hp 740b device. The fixes of this firmware is that after upgrade it will improve device compatibility with Nero, Roxio and Sonic. It will resolve most VCD playback issues. Resolve the double layer problem and enhance burning service. The firmware upgrade is for Windows XP Home, Media Center and Professional.
    HP 740B Firmware Upgrade