Thread: My touchpad doesn't work anymore

My touchpad doesn't work anymore

I have an Acer Aspire 3020 laptop. When I first used my Laptop everything was fine. Also my Touchpad was working properly. A few weeks ago I changed the cd/dvd drive. After putting it all back together I found that the laptop touchpad wouldn't work. Can any body tell me that why does my touchpad doesn't work anymore? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly help me out ti get rid of the above issue.

Re: My touchpad doesn't work anymore

For that you need to check your BIOS setup on your system. Try to check out the setting to disable the on-board pointing device. Then you need to enable it, by usiny F2, DEL, ESC, F10 keys or whatever key your laptop uses at boot, before the Windows loading graphic, in orderto access BIOS setup.

This is the very common problem face by many user on their laptop. For that the most common solution is the FN-F7 combination (activation for touchpad). Even i used to face the same problem after i had installed a USB mouse on my system.

In oder to get rid of the above issue, you need to go into Control Panel/System, then need to click on the Hardware tab, afterwards you need to click on Device Manager and then delete the touch pad. In the hardware configuration are no conflicts displayed, the hardware is not disabled or something like that. Then you need to click on Action/Scan for new devices, and let Windows reinstall the touchpad. You can either download all the drivers from Acer official web site if you want to have them on your laptop.