Thread: HP ink cartridge expiration

HP ink cartridge expiration

Hello friends,
    I bought d135 HP officejet.. It stopped printing now. I was completely oblivious to the fact that it uses ink carts with a designed life expectancy.I found that of class action suits that will put HP's marketing strategies to the est.Information on how HP accomplishes tracking expiration dates on the cartridges is quite diverse. I'm beginning to wonder if some of the information is actually disinformation just to stir the pot...what you guys think?

thanks..!!

Re: HP ink cartridge expiration

I recalls a few months back HP got sued over the chipped cartridges and expiring before they were used. In fact we had one customer who brought me around 10 cartridges (HP 10 and 11 mixed) that would not work, every single one of them were expired, granted this was 4 years ago.Now, I just had some HP 02's brought in, and was asked to see if they worked. All of them expired last August, and none of them worked, but had ink in them.

I believe that your printer also has a print head.The D series officejet uses a technology called as TIJ 3. Now the reason why the printer stopped printing is just because the catridge has experied . Now there is a tendency with the ink to harden as it ages. so if by any chance if the ink enters the print head it will also damage the print head which again will cost you money to get it replaced, so in order to avoid that, the printer stop working.....just get a brand new catridge and ur printer will start working. HP officejet d series and the 7100 series use the same TIJ-3 technology

Hi,there these ink cartridges are known to have corroded printhead when they get to old. Usually ones that have expired up to 3 years max are still functional. You should buy expired ones for this model only if they are in the newer light blue packaging (retail box or foil package). Those are usually ones with dates in 2006 and above. Older (2005 below) ones are in dark blue foil package or dark blue retail boxes.