Thread: Can't Write Files to Western Digital MyBook Essential

Can't Write Files to Western Digital MyBook Essential

Hello,
    I have an Western Digital My Book Essential, 1TB, NTFS external USB harddisk.Whenever I attempt to write any files that would take more than a few seconds and will hung up.I can proceed by only plug & re-plug the MyBook.It will produce a small yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the notification tray which doesn't say anything when I hover over it, and would vanish when I click on it. I've tried de-fragmenting it and am now doing a surface test using Partition Table Doctor, but I doubt anything will come out of it.Reading from the MyBook is no proble, I can play music, movies, & copy files from it without any trouble. It's just writing to it that fails. Please help.

advance thanks.!!

Re: Can't Write Files to Western Digital MyBook Essential

I know one method and it worked out for me.I totally unaware if this gonna work out for you,but just give a try.Looking on the web I came accross someone who had a similar problem they fixed it as follows.They installed Tweak UI and then was able to write the files using "Tweak UI", clicking on My Computer

Dude,USB ports are supposed to be limited to 500 mV per connection. My hard drive was rated at 1.0V. Therefore, the problem.I have to use the Y-connector that comes with some external USB cases. The second thin lead from one end is to provide extra power to the drive. On some machines, I have to use both to power the external USB HD. On others, it works with a single connection.You can verify or repair disks using Disk Utility

Programs that produces a pop-up message using the Windows Application Pop-up interface will make such event log entries. The content of the message varies widely and this message may provide information on the cause of the error. Typically event ID 26 itself does not help in troubleshooting the problems that produced such events.You better Check for dit.exe, which is installed by some card reader software to allow you to name the drives and for them to have individual icons. It runs on startup and is a pretty much useless process. Run msconfig and if it comes in your startup list disable it and restart. If that solves your issue then delete dit.exe from your Windows folder (you can also get rid of dit.dll dit.ini and ditxp.exe). You should now do a registry sweep to get rid of any dit.exe entries.