Thread: cds/dvds burning problem

cds/dvds burning problem

hi

i got a problem with my burner, i have got a sony multi burner (desktop pc) i use nero 8 to burn cds/dvds,

my computer can read the cds/dvds but other computers cant it just shows as a blank cd/dvd when inserted in other computers, but works perfect on my pc.

is there some problem with the writing speed, i normally use auto detect for speed and it uses the appropriate speed for the type of disc.

is there a solution to this problem

cheers
    Q6600 2.4 GHz, Asus P5K-V, 2GB Kingston HyperX, Seagate 500GB Baracuda, Antec 300, Antec 450W.

Re: cds/dvds burning problem

Firstly i think you might be using bluray DVD burner, If so then is will not at all work in other DVD burner then Bluray so see if the other computer also have the bluray dvd burner...!

& if you are using the same burner as others have then see weather it is not showing in every other computer or some specific computer....! if it works on other computer then the specific computer the it might be the dvd burner not working perfectly in that specific computer... & if not working in every other computer then it might be that your burner might have a problem or the that CD/DVD have the problem...! So try making another DVD with low speed & see weather it works now...! Reply what happens????

My guess is that it is a problem with laser deterioration to the point that it won't be able to write Dvd with enough of an image. The laser will output less power when attempting to read the faint image. All solid state lasers
    deteriorate in use.

There may the possibility that you have blu ray DVD burner that you might not be knowing and if you wanted to know which DVD burner you have go to Start-> settings -> control Panel -> System properties icon -> under the hardware section -> Device manager there will shows up the DVD/CD- ROM drivers

its sorted i dont know how but i burned another cd and it worked fine

thanks for the help guys

cheers
    Q6600 2.4 GHz, Asus P5K-V, 2GB Kingston HyperX, Seagate 500GB Baracuda, Antec 300, Antec 450W.