Thread: What is the best way to clean a CD

What is the best way to clean a CD

Hi,
    I want to know which is the best way to cleaning a CD or DVD. I have ample of disc lying with me. Some of them are not working. I hope that by cleaning them they can work. Please list some appropriate solutions to clean a disc along with a disc drive. Some thing like a lens cleaner. The question is same for PlayStation. I am some PS2 disc and the console. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is the best way to clean a CD

The things you should take care while cleaning a disc is that never use paper or rough cloths. They have a hard surface which affects the CD surface. The best thing is that always preserve the disc properly so that it should not get affected. Always use soft cotton cloth to rub the surface. There are some disc cleaning kit in the market. Buy any of them. The kit includes a liquid, brush and disc.
    How to clean LCD screen?
    How to clean keyboard?
    How To Clean Monitors?

Get a soft cotton cloth and clean gently with a warm water. Do not use cotton balls. Because they lives thin hair on the disc surface. The best solution is to use a disc cleaning kit. It will not cost you much. It includes everything you need to clean a PlayStation disc or your normal computers and cd players also.

Maximum people uses Alcohol to to clear a disc surface. Use a thin cotton cloth and gently rub in spiral direction on the disc. Then to clean the lens to the CD drive first option is to dissemble the drive and open the unit. You can a small laser light bulb on that. Gently rub it with a cotton cloth. Otherwise the second option is to put a laser cleaning disc. The disc has very small brushes on the surface. As the disc rotates it keeps on cleaning the lens.