Thread: Component to HDMI cables

blush Component to HDMI cables

Hi,
    I had recently added a gaming console to my home theater system. I had query here that do I need to get a HDMI cables or just stick to the component cables. Which is the better one from them. And which one from an DVD, HDMI and component is much better. Which will give me a awesome result. And if use any one of them then does I have to spend additional money on it and will it be worth buying. As I heard somewhere about Analog and Digital Signals. What is exact difference and how it affects the HDMI quality.

Re: Component to HDMI cables

I think there is not a major difference among them. If you use just the traditional component cable then it is fine. No need to spend more money on HDMI cables. But if your TV is 1080p then HDMI can be beneficial for your. Because as HD TV it renders a high quality graphic and audio. So it needs a much better carrier. But if you just want to work on a monitor then component is a good choice.

Today DVI and HDMI are widely used. So it often confuses the user that which one is better to use. For off all the DVI and HDMI are exactly the same. There is not difference between them in image and sound quality. Now comes the Component and HDMI. That you can understand. The HDMI is need if the environment is fully a HD quality. Like you are using a latest HDTV and monitors. So the HDMI is best for them because they give more quality than Component. While Component can identify all the traditional video standards. You will need to understand that the cable quality plays a major role in the output quality. But this majorly depends on the signal type.

Normally even today people are confused between analog and digital signal. The analog signal refers to the TV broadcast channel which is catch via antenna. And digital is the set top box or dish connection. Component video are mainly in analog form. The analog travels in form of voltage signals. And digital signals travel in the form of digits. So I will recommend you to use a HDMI cable for the purpose. This can enhance your video and image quality. All matters is the output quality.