Thread: Hp printer keeps printing out test sheets

Hp printer keeps printing out test sheets

I'm having HP PSC 1315 printer, which i had attach to my pc. Now, the problem is that whenever i switch on my printer, it start printing the test page every time. The only way to stop it is to press Cancel every time right after switching on the printer. Can any body tell me that why does my HP printer keeps printing out test sheets? Does any body knows about this issue? Kindly provide me the correct solution to get rid of the above issue. Would be grateful to you if any body provides me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Hp printer keeps printing out test sheets

Check you printer's setting in Windows, i would start by checking the printer's settings in the Control Panel of Windows. It's possible that an embedded code got into the print job (Control-xxx) and the printer is interpreting this as a command and not a character. Delete all print jobs. Turn off the printer (unplug from wall) and start over.

Even i was facing the same issue with my printer. So, in order to get rid of the issue i had uninstalled the printer drivers from my pc and then had re-install the drivers back on my pc. That really work out for me.

After the page prints load it on the scanner and then press the scan button. This will align the cartridges. Once this has completed successfully it will not print again until you change the cartridges. In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to follow the below steps mention.

1. First of all you need to turn off the printer and then wait for 10 seconds. Afterwards turn it on again.

2. Then let the printer print the test page.

3. After the test page is printed, you need to disconnect the USB cable which connects the printer on your computer. DO NOT turn off the printer while disconnecting the USB cable.

4. Then you need to place the test page on the scanner glass and have to press the SCAN button on the printer. The ON light will flash as the page is being scanned.

5. Then you need to remove the test page when the ON light is steady.

6. Finally, turn off the printer and wait another 10 seconds. Then turn it on again. No more printing test pages.

Quote Originally Posted by killen View Post
    After the page prints load it on the scanner and then press the scan button. This will align the cartridges. Once this has completed successfully it will not print again until you change the cartridges. In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to follow the below steps mention.

1. First of all you need to turn off the printer and then wait for 10 seconds. Afterwards turn it on again.

2. Then let the printer print the test page.

3. After the test page is printed, you need to disconnect the USB cable which connects the printer on your computer. DO NOT turn off the printer while disconnecting the USB cable.

4. Then you need to place the test page on the scanner glass and have to press the SCAN button on the printer. The ON light will flash as the page is being scanned.

5. Then you need to remove the test page when the ON light is steady.

6. Finally, turn off the printer and wait another 10 seconds. Then turn it on again. No more printing test pages.
    this does not work at all
    Last edited by dbkkk; 26-01-2010 at 08:36 AM.