Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-07-2009

My computer will not shut down right away

I can turn ON my computer with Windows Vista installed but facing issues while shutting down. My computer starts in less than 10 min but takes around 20 min to shut down. So being frustrated I simply switch off the power button. Is this motherboard or power supply problem? Can you explain me why does my computer won't shut down in the right way?
Old 31-07-2009

Re: My computer will not shut down right away

Usually shutdown problems are caused by programs which do not stop properly. There may be some applications which consumes a lot of time to close and thus your Windows wouldn't shut down immediately to prevent any kind of further problems. Also there may be some programs which are placed in the startup process which takes time to stop. Remove all those applications that you have kept in startup and see if your Windows still have the shut down problem.
Old 31-07-2009

This certainly seems to me a power supply problem which is not able to provide enough power to the system to perform its actions at the same time. You can try changing your power supply with may be 400 - 500 W and see if you can fix the problem. If that doesn't then I think Sandesh's idea comes out to be true.
Old 31-07-2009

According to me this is either motherboard/processor issue or some spyware or malware. The motherboard/processor may not be able to perform the Windows operations as fast as it should. If possible then change it and see what's the result. On the contrary, you can even scan you computer for any malware activity which is not allowing the Windows to complete its process or also slowing the Windows process.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: ,