Thread: Trying to install SSD's for the first time with bad read/write

Trying to install SSD's for the first time with bad read/write

according to my title, I am having some issue in this case and to state further, I switched over from a hdd to a ssd for the initial time. I made a install of the new 120gb Patriot Pyro on my sata mobo and took the suggestion from some additional posts regarding doing a immediate Windows 7 backup/restore to get my OS back on the latest ssd. all appeared to work very well. Booted up first time and there was no trouble. I considered that all was satisfactory until i started gaming. Noticed important decline in presentation. Did a couple of speed tests on the read/write for my ssd. I recognize that no ssd is going to carry out to factory specs but mine is terribly short. Patriot explains this Pyro model as having 550 give or take a few on the read/write. Im receiving less than 150 on several tests with unlike software. So I don’t have a further idea regarding it. So please take a note of that thing and please provide ample solution regarding this.

re: Trying to install SSD's for the first time with bad read/write

According to me, I can come to some solution but I require some necessary information regarding it. To my concern I want to ask what port is it plugged into? As answering this question will make a huge difference and we can get to a possible solution. Do give me the reply of my question.

Hello guys, I would like to say in this case that, When you restored the image it did not tend to slign your SSD. To have a check of it , open a elevated command prompt. And to do so, I should say that you should click start, type cmd in the search box, and then right click the cmd snd make a choice as a run as administrator. In the box that will tend to open, make sure that you type diskpart and press enter, and when it responds diskpart, type list disk and select enter, It will list each drive in your computer and provide every number. or the number given for your SSD. after that type list partition and select enter. It will illustrate every partition on the drive with it's size and offset. The offset is your alignment. And I should say further that you should make use of the snipping tool and take a snip of the window, and then save it to your desktop .

As you told me that what port I was making use of, I will tell you that I am not really sure about this thing and to add further, there are 3 sata ports on my mobo. According to me, one port is a unlike color from the other two, any way for me to tell which port my primary ssd is on? i as well had a hdd and an optical drive hooked up on the additional two ports at the time of having an install.

According to me, I suppose that it sounds similar to a Sata3 port and that would be good enough. I have the same opinion with the others, you have an alignment difficulty. That can degrade the performance by up to 250%. previous to you do something, make sure the alignment and allow us know what it says . hope that this might solve your issue and there will be some conclusion or hint coming across you.

I came to some solution after considering your replies. And really thanks for those replies as it proved top be helpful . previous to these, I made a good latest backup of my hard drive and a ssd that is apparently in fine functioning, what would be the recommended course of action to wipe the drive and begin over with doing all this the accurate way from the opening. I'm supposing that i did/did not do anything at the time of my initial install and would like to make out for future suggestion how to get it correct from the beginning.