Thread: Can Digital Coaxial Audio Cable can carry 5.1 sound

Can Digital Coaxial Audio Cable can carry 5.1 sound

Does Digital Coax cable can carry audio 5.1. I want to add up a DVD player to my home theater system. So I was just wondering that would I receive a full digital surround sound experience by connected it via coaxial cable or I nee to buy a more expensive cable. I also want to know that what is the actual difference between Coaxial Digital connection and Digital Fiber Optical connection. Which one is latest and works great. Any suggestion really appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Can Digital Coaxial Audio Cable can carry 5.1 sound

Normally both the cable are same over a shot period. But if it is going to use for very long time then Fiber Optics are better to preserve signal. Because signal degradation is low in this cable as compare to Coaxial. The only difference between them is that the optical signals needs to be converted light pulse. While the Coaxial just pass along the signal without any interference.

Well the answer to your query is yes. The Digital Coax can carry the Audio 5.1 signal. You don't need to spend some more money on expensive cable. The Digital Coax will work and give your the desired output. So here you do not need any special cable for this. Basically the HDMI cable caries both the audio and video which does not need a addition of a separate cable. But it is only applicable when all the devices are directly connected to the system.

You can see a red light at the backside where the Digital Coax cable is connected. Now here the input mode is a optical cable and output is called Coax. The difference in different cable does not create much effect. The only thing between them matters is durability. The Coax cable live more than Optical. But the performance is almost similar. But it is recommended that for audio thing you must use a Coax cable. And it can carry out the 5.1 audio signals.