Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Hardware initiate failed please check device BIOS may not be installed

Hardware Peripherals

Old 31-07-2009

Hardware initiate failed please check device BIOS may not be installed

Recently i had bought a new SATA hard drive. After I connected it up and try to boot it up, I get the following lines: "hardware initiate failed please check device the bios does not be installed" on mty desktop screen. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? what i need to do in order to resolve the above issue. Would be grateful if any body provides me the correct solution for the above issue.

Old 31-07-2009

Re: Hardware initiate failed please check device BIOS may not be installed

It means that your system cannot see the HD for some reason. For that you need to disconnect the disk drives from your system, and then check out whether the BIOS screen report changes on your pc.
Old 31-07-2009

The main problem when you see this is that the seperate SATA controller is not detecting the SATA drive, so it therefore doesn't activate the SATA chip so windows won't recognise it. Sometimes the main board is not set up properly and cannot start boot up from the system.
Old 31-07-2009

It could be that one of your storage devices is holding a signal on the cable down, and preventing the scan of what is on the cable. Check all your cables, the 5min power up sound like the SATA cable is fine but there's no power to the drive so it keeps trying to detect the actual drive.You could try removing one device at a time, or just remove the whole works and add them back one at a time until it fails again.
Old 05-03-2010

I had the "Hardware initiate failed" message when trying to connect a SATA HDD to an Abit VT7 mobo that had previously been OK. After a couple of days cable swapping, BIOS fiddling etc I tried a different power supply and Hey Presto problem solved. Hope that's of help to someone.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,