Thread: Sprint sierra wireless aircard keeps disconnecting

Sprint sierra wireless aircard keeps disconnecting

I have installed sprint sierra wireless aircard 595u on my computer with updated driver. I can access internet through linksys wireless router but my sprint sierra wireless aircard keeps disconnecting. It won't allow me to access internet more than 10 minute. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Sprint sierra wireless aircard keeps disconnecting

Disable the connection with the router, reconnect it and upgrade your firmware to the latest revision of router. This is usually available from the router manufacturer's support website and make sure driver for Sprint sierra wireless aircard is installed properly.

Your Sprint sierra wireless aircard drops connection if your network is encrypted, disable the encryption until you get a successful wireless connection and also try reseting the router to defaults then try to log on to the internet. If you are able then it is a router setting that was keeping you off line.

Does Sprint sierra wireless aircard is show in device manager? if yes then it is not related with hardware.It may WPA security, which is not matching between the router and the Sprint sierra wireless aircard.Is it broadcasting wireless signal at all? You should check encryption method and see if same encryption method is used on your wireless card.

Are you still experiencing issues with the card? If not, what did you do to resolve your issue?

I'm experiencing the same issue. Just started happening about 3 weeks ago.
    ****Initially, I can stay connected to the internet about an hour or so, then it disconnects. Once it disconnects, I reconnect, but it will disconnect after about 10 minutes*** I tried to get a replacement card, there's a year warranty on them...but I waited two days too late!!! And I do not have insurance on the air card...so, I'm troubleshooting and hoping I find or figure out a solution.

I uninstalled the software and re-installed and applied the updates.
    Also uninstalled the Com Port(drivers)....Hopefully, the card will perform like it did the 1st 11 months without disconnecting.

Thanks,
    ~Lurie~

I used to have the same aircard with Sprint. There is nothing you can do with this air card. However, you may not receive a constant data transfer with the aircard, instead they tend to get swamped and drop the connection....The aircard is connecting to the same tower where thousands of other people are hitting with their air cards, phone calls, etc..
    Think about it...