Thread: The Xbox 360 Media Server Remote not working

The Xbox 360 Media Server Remote not working

I have a Xbox 360 connected to my pc and Samsung LCD television. The problem here is that the remote control is not working. On changing the battery some keys work but some are not. Then the remote dies completely. I believe this can be due to moisture. How can I fix this thing. Where can I get a new remote control if this one fails to work. Thanks.

Re: The Xbox 360 Media Server Remote not working

The problem can be related to many reasons. Like your DVD feature stops working or you cannot adjust video and sound, some button does not work, etc. For the button thing add a AA battery and then clean the interference. Better remove all the obstacles that is blocking the infrared way. There are possibilities that the infrared port at the face plate is damaged. Or may be weak factories.

By moisture do you mean that by mistake the remote comes in contact with water. Then probably the device is damaged. Just unscrew the remote control and clean the green board inside. Make it dry first. Then replace the batteries and press any button. See weather you can see a small red light at the top. Otherwise you can get a spare in your nearest shop.

Try this. Manually change the settings in the console. Go to system and then go to console settings. Now select Remote control and check out that your device is working or not. Try changing settings in this area. Otherwise call the XBOX customer care and ask for a new remote control. They will ship you the same within some days. Hope this can help you.