Thread: Paper jam on Dell 1700 laser printer

Paper jam on Dell 1700 laser printer

I'm having a Dell 1700 Laser printers attach to my pc. The paper seldom feeds, mostly jams. No idea from the manual how and where to clean in order to try to fix this. Can any body tell me that why does paper jam on my Dell 1700 Laser printers? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Paper jam on Dell 1700 laser printer

Adjust the Paper Guides to the Correct Position. Set the Paper Source, Size and there are two paper site settings: one is "printer preferences" and one is in "printer properties", "Advanced" tab, "Printing Defaults", "Paper" tab. To avoid paper jam of this kind, you got to change settings in the BOTH places.

You could try to clean them with rubbing alcohol and keeping the paper tray close to full but those fixes probably won't last very long. There is a back panel on the 1700 series that you need to pull open. If you have a high page count you may just want to consider buying replacement machines.The legal will feed through and out the back and wont jam through the top rollers.

When a paper jam occurs, the printer stops and the operator panel’s Paper Jam and Continue lights display. To clear a paper jam from a 1700 or 1700n laser printer:

1. Press and release Continue twice quickly to display the specific secondary error paper jam light sequence.
    2. If you are feeding paper from a tray, remove the tray, and then remove any jams.
    3. Open the front cover and remove the toner cartridge assembly.
    4. Remove any jams in the area behind the toner cartridge assembly.
    5. Lift the flap at the front of the printer and remove any jams beneath the flap.
    6. Open the rear exit and remove any jams.
    7. After you have cleared the jams, reinstall the toner cartridge assembly, make sure all printer covers and trays are closed, and then press Continue to resume printing.

The printer automatically reprints the page or pages that caused the paper jam. If you want, you can check out the following link.