Thread: How to clean CD's and DVD's

How to clean CD's and DVD's

hi
    i am having problem some times regarding reading disk in optical drive but i am afraid to clan it as i dont want to damage it can any one help me and tel me how to clean cd without any risk ?
    thank you

Re: How to clean CD's and DVD's

I purchased a cd cleaning tools to use rewritable cd . First, the program you normally use (Sonic burner) and have not ever given me problems not seen.. these discs does not support them, not even view the properties of the disc. They are invisible! Once burned with nero, my stereo at home did not read, Nothing. Also he says ERROR ... To think that I have burned at 4x and make a final test, I also closed track . But nothing has changed. with i any format (CD-Audio, MP3, other data) CDs have never been read.

Better option is just clean with normal water then just wipe with soft cotton do not use hard cloth to make it dry do not put wet disk in side optical disk also do not use chemical to clean disk ..

If small elements presence then you can clean it with water no problem for cd to clean it with soft Cotton . you can not clean deep and physical scratches but i think you can recover some data if it is accessible with some application. also you can clean with toothpaste also see here Remove Scratches From CDs/DVD without a Game Doctor also if you need more help check this guide to clean disk and repair disk Tips to recover scratched CDs...