Thread: Mouse pointer jumps around

Mouse pointer jumps around

I recently got lazer mouse, the problem is when i move that mouse over screen it start jumping. I have install windows xp on my system. While copy pasting data mouse pointer jumps around screen. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Mouse pointer jumps around

Mouse pointer jumps around sereen if files from a previous installation of a pointing device are still on the computer.If you have any other mouse software that is installed, such as Logitech or touchpad software, that software may conflict with the Intellimouse software. To uninstall the other software, follow the appropriate steps for your version of Windows.

Windows XP or earlier versions of Windows :

Open Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. To do this, follow these steps:Click Start > Click Run > Type appwiz.cpl > Click OK >Click Start > Click Run.Type appwiz.cpl >Click OK >Follow the instructions to remove the software.Restart the computer.

Sometimes this can be caused by the surface on which the mouse is moved.Try another mouse, see if it still happens. If not, then it's your new mouse...if it does still happen then it's related with windows xp.Or try this right click my computer, properties, performance, graphic set it to 3/4. this should be able to fix it.

Have you tried reinstalling the software and drivers for it?. Is there any other electrical equipment placed near it, like a TV, or radio, or (unshielded) loudspeakers, or the little power supplies from router/speakers/mouse/printer etc? If it is a fancy mouse, you might have a sensitivity button, the more sensitive wiil cause to move pointer faster, it will move around the screen and mouse pointer jumps around the screen.