Thread: WD Announces 1 TB My Passport Essential SE

WD Announces 1 TB My Passport Essential SE

WD, the world's leader in external storage solutions, today introduced its new one terabyte (TB) and 750 gigabyte (GB) capacity My Passport Essential SE Portable USB Drives. Available now at WD's online store, the new drives feature a titanium silver finish and put massive storage capacity in the palm of your hand.

Perfect for saving, storing and backing up all of the digital memories captured this summer, the new 1 TB and 750 GB capacity My Passport Essential SE drives are light and compact to carry and, because they are USB-powered, they do not need an external power adapter. Equipped with sync and encryption software (Windows-compatible only), this small drive, with mega-capacity, makes it easy to securely carry thousands of songs or videos or photos.WD Sync software allows consumers to easily take desktop content with them by simplifying the synchronization of essential personal files and Microsoft Outlook data on a PC. Should owners misplace the drive, they know their data is protected with 128-bit encryption.

"The enormous capacity of these new My Passport Essential SE drives makes them the perfect travel-friendly storage device to hold all the rich media content generated by higher resolution photos and HD videos and music," said Dale Pistilli, vice president of marketing for WD's branded products group. "Carrying digital files close at hand continues to be a growing consumer interest and this new drive offers a sleek and stylish solution with plenty of storage capacity for people on the move."

Price and Availability
    WD's My Passport Essential SE portable drives are available now in the U.S. at select retail stores and from WD's online store. MSRP for the My Passport Essential SE 1 TB portable drive is $299.99 USD and for the 750 GB model is $199.99 USD.

Re: WD Announces 1 TB My Passport Essential SE

Big capacity. Stylishly small.
    Carry your music, video, and photos in style with WD's My Passport Essential SE Portable Hard Drive. Big capacity in a small elegant design. Available in many delicious colors. Pick the one that satisfies your appetite for style.

Pack up your office files and take them home. Carry thousands of songs or pictures. Synchronize files between home and office and encrypt everything on the drive for added security.

Key Features
    • Big capacity that fits in your pocket - This compact drive fits easily in your pocket or purse, weighs only a few ounces and with with massive storage capacity, you can take tons of photos, videos, files and music with you wherever you go.
    • USB powered - Powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed*.
    • Synchronized and secure - Plug My Passport into any PC, edit files, read e-mail, and view photos. Then sync all of your changes back to your home or office computer. Your data is protected with 128-bit encryption. (Windows only)
    • Compatible - Use with Windows and Macintosh computers

An optional cable is available for the few computers that limit power from the USB port.

Ideal for:

• Storing or backing up your digital music, videos and photos.
    • Carrying important files and e-mail between work and home or on the road and keeping them in sync.
    • Sharing large files between office and home, between PC and Mac.

System Requirements
    • Windows
    • Available USB port
    • Windows 2000/XP/Vista
    • Macintosh
    • Available USB port
    • Mac OS X 10.4.8+

Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating system.

Package Contents
    • My Passport Essential SE Portable hard drive
    • USB 2.0 cable
    • Quick Install Guide

Re: WD Announces 1 TB My Passport Essential SE

Specifications

Performance Specifications
    • Serial Transfer Rate
      • USB 2.0
      • Serial Bus Transfer Rate (USB 2.0) 480 Mb/s (Max)

Physical Specifications
    • Capacity 1 TB
    • Interface USB 2.0

Physical Dimensions
    • English
      • Height 0.60 Inches
      • Length 3.1 Inches
      • Width 5.0 Inches
      • Weight 0.40 Pounds

• Metric
      • Height 15 mm
      • Length 80 mm