Thread: Running Powerpoint with embedded Video clips into LC Projector

Running Powerpoint with embedded Video clips into LC Projector

Hi,

I'm in a big trouble and i need to resolve it as soon as possible since i'm doing a power point presentation with embedded video clips with sound in some of the powerpoint (Office 2007)slides.Generally, I can get the clips I want to play in the powerpoint presentation mode on my laptop which is running Vista with 1 gig of ram and has 35 gig of hard drive free. But now i get a situation in the middle of a presentation where the sound of the film or movie clip is playing nicely but the screen of the LCD projector goes black and will not show the video part of the clip at all. When this occurs, usually the video is playing nicely on the laptop but the LCD projector is showing simply a black screen.Can any of you please help me with this?

Any helps would be greatly thankful !!

Re: Running Powerpoint with embedded Video clips into LC Projector

It's sounds like problem with your LCD projector not the issue with the the ppt that you have made.. have your tried to perform the presentation .so better troubleshoot with the LCD..may be you can Check the cooling fan/ air ducts - sounds like it's overheating and shutting off to prevent damage.

When i have discrepancies like this usually,I would simply toggling off the laptop display to cure the problem. I have noticed some laptops just can't handle displaying the video in both laptop and projector screens. This makes to be more likely on older 3 years + laptops and/or low end models. One other possibility is that the resolution of the laptop should be 1024 x 768. Some higher resolutions will work but almost always 1024 will work with any projector.

I guess the problem is with your video card's settings. The video is probably being displayed in an overlay produced by the video card's hardware-based acceleration. For some reason, this overlay is not piped into the video-out on a lot of video cards, and you end up seeing a black box on the projector hooked up to the video-out. The solution is to turn off hardware-based graphics acceleration