Thread: Need Firmware Update for IDW 451s Liteon DVD RW

Need Firmware Update for IDW 451s Liteon DVD RW

Hi,
    I had need to format my pc because of virus. I did so. I had copied my windows in a separate drive from where I had run the setup. The problem here is now that my DVD has stopped working. I definitely need a driver update for this. I have Liteon 451s DVD writer. I had not found the driver anywhere on the internet. The writer is detecting but it is not burning DVD's. Help needed!!

Re: Need Firmware Update for IDW 451s Liteon DVD RW

Download a Driver Scanner software. It is a freeware tool which scans you system and locates drivers and firmware automatically. Instead looking for the drivers on the internet just download the tool, install it. Then run the tool. It is a automated service which scans your hardware and drivers and prompt you to update. Then it searches for the needed driver and install it.
    Driver Scanner

Never heard about your dvd rw company. Try this. First check that the cables are properly connected to the motherboard. Then right click on my computer and select properties. Then select hardware and go to device manager. Right click on your dvd drive and click on uninstall. Now restart your pc and lets windows search for drivers. Otherwise run system restore settings. Restore you pc to a older time. Hope this can help you.

Lite-On has released a new firmware updates for the DVD writer. You can just log in to the official site and browser for your device. I am attaching a firware update in the post for your DVD. Just download it and run it. Other wise visit the site and browser you product. The site provides manuals and all latest update about the hardware. You will need to visit liteon.com for the drivers. But before that try the below first.