Thread: Missing file for HP Scanjet 3970

Missing file for HP Scanjet 3970

Hi,

I have a Compaq Presario XP, SP2 with AMD Athelon 64 Processor.My problem is with our HP Scanjet 3970,when trying to scan a document to use as an attachment in an email. I did this by using the control panel scan icon on the desktop left me an error" An error occurred communicating with the scanning device. Please ensure that the scanning device is connected properly and try again".However the document would not download to the hard drive.I was able to go Control Panel Scanners and hardware and get a "photo" scan rather than an OCR scan. I could print that out but it was a .jpg file and was not a clean copy.

While clicking make copy button, it did scan the document and print out a copy, but did not put it on the hard drive.we uninstalled the software for the scanner and tried to reinstall it but to no avail then did a system restore to a time prior to removing the software.Now a new error have been arised Error 1308 Source file not found C:\col4309\program files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate\hpqgends.tmp. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.Then tried to scan again and kept getting a dialogue box that said, "Please wait while Windows configures HP Photo and Imaging 2.2-Scanjet 3970 Series." then it leading to a hung up.So any suggestions to resolve the issue..

ideas must be brilliant..!!
    thanks

Re: Missing file for HP Scanjet 3970

Few of things jump out at me it wants me to enable niverse/multiverse repositories and I'm not sure how to do that in gutsy as the page only gives info for fiesty and what the heck is error code 100 and its the HP F3970 multifunction." hpqgends.tmp is missing” error or 1706 could occur when the hpqgends.tmp is missing from the 'Migrate' directory. "hpqgends.tmp" is located in seveal places in your computer. another reason could be that when you use cleanup utilities or the registry cleaners or the antispywares or antivirus softwares to clean your temporary files automatically.To resolve the issue search for the file "hpqgends.tmp" in the following path
    C:\WINDOWS\twain_32
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate
    C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\Migrate\2300c
    If it's not available,Copy that file from the CD to all the above paths,or download the latest software for your product from the hp website and install.Then reinstall the scanner software again on to the existing software.

An interfere with Popup stoppers or other "protection" software can cause this.However you did not mentionl about such but it's becoming a real issues in the support circles.A message appears indicating that Microsoft® Windows XP is trying to configure the software, eventually it will ask for the photo and imaging software CD to be inserted. If the software CD is not inserted and the message cancelled a 1706 error will appear. Guess what was different when you installed it and it worked versus today with your new tangled protection application.You have done something wrong when you loaded the software. They have to be because they are part of the scanner program.

It's possible your model printer that is re detected each time you turn your PC on, and for some reason it does not install the drivers automatically when it re detects. Or you can follow this method click on <Start> <Run> typed in "regsvr32 MSXML3.dll" and clicked OK. This re-registered something from Microsoft's XML parser. After I rebooted, Windows Update worked fine as did my PSC 1610.