Thread: Joystick Hotfix

Joystick Hotfix

Like other members, I've tried to use my Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick but Vista will not recognize it. I found an older post on here with a link to a hotfix that I downloaded and attempted to try but when I unzip it, it gets up to the point that I have to put in the access code that came with the hotfix but when I enter it I get an "Erroe Code 40" message and the process is terminated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Joystick Hotfix

When i search for your problem on the internet Error (Code 40) is a known error that is caused by outdated or corrupt drivers. To start troubleshooting, follow these steps:
    • Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties. or else you may also use the control panel to check for your device, Double-click the device type that has the problem. For example, if you have problems with your modem, double-click Modems to see the devices in that category.
    • Check the Device status area of the device Properties dialog box to see whether the error is resolved. If the error is resolved, you are finished. Otherwise, go to step 3.
    • Double-click a device to view its properties. If an error code has been generated, the code appears in the Device Status box that is on the General tab.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

Open Control Panel > Game Controllers > select Auto Detect. This may help... Vista has know issues for SideWinder Precision Joysticks.