Thread: Ecp mode versus epp mode resources

Ecp mode versus epp mode resources

hi
    i had EPP mode set on my old printer but I set up a new printer but it requires the parallel port with ECP mode instead of the EPP mode that I previously had as i reset my BIOS i am having much problem .I reset my printer port to EPP i searched in system settings in the control panel but no significant help can some one help me ?
    thank you

Re: Ecp mode versus epp mode resources

Benefits of using ECP mode vary greatly depending on the type of system and resources used. The greatest increase in speed appears on older 486 and Pentium 1 based systems. Some systems, particularly laptops, might have an ECP setting from the BIOS, but the actual hardware may be incapable of using this setting correctly. Symptoms for this are communication errors, ability to print but not scan, ability to scan but not print, and inconsistent scanning behavior, usually with docking stations.

perform the following steps:

1. Right-click My Computer from the desktop (or from Start in Windows XP), and select Device Manager (for Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP, the Device Manager is found on the Hardware tab).
    2. Double-click Ports in the list, and select the reference to LPT1 . It might or might not read ECP next to the reference for LPT1.
    3. Double-click Parallel Port Entry to open the Parallel Port properties.
    4. Select the Resources tab. If the parallel port is in ECP mode there will be two I/O ranges listed as shown in Figure 1. If there are not two listed, the parallel port is not in ECP mode.
    5. One input/output range should start at 0378 for LPT1. This is the system address range reserved for LPT1. Contact the computer manufacturer if an input/output range is not 0378, for assistance changing this setting.

for more check here

Re: Ecp mode versus epp mode resources

SPP Standard Parallel Port means It can be EPP (ie SPP / EPP) or ECP (ie SPP / ECP) reading to check you can connect a printer and create defects (lack of paper ...) to check the hard side. If it works there is probably a programming problem. The Extended Capabilities Mode was designed by Hewlett Packard and Microsoft to be implemented as the Extended Capabilities Port Protocol and ISA Interface Standard. This protocol uses additional hardware to generate handshaking signals etc just like the EPP mode, thus runs at very much the same speed than the EPP mode. better to check this epp mode tutorial