Thread: keyboard error or no keyboard at bootup

keyboard error or no keyboard at bootup

Hi

I am in big trouble right now,because of some virus i formatted my system. but now when I restarted to put the operating system am getting a boot up error warning me keyboard error or no keyboard present. At the bottom it gives me the choice to press F1 to continue, DEL to enter setup.If proceed with continue i can't go any further because have to hit ENTER to setup windows. So I take out the XP disk and put in a 98 CD and it installs, I finish setup and now it wont detect my mouse and I still get the keyboard error on start up.lately I have formatted yet again and I just restarted it to where I should have my windows Cd in to run setup but still same things.Eventually went for many format different way this time was I had the drive partitioned, I deleted the drives, I had a bit of trouble deleting the partitions, but got it done after a while. Now I am back to just having the 1 drive again.Keyboard and mouse are ps2 connectors and they are the standard kind, I had no drivers with them and I have never needed to install drivers for them.

Need helps at this moment....
    thanks goes for reading me

Re: keyboard error or no keyboard at bootup

I want to ask you is it connected by USB, and if so is the BIOS set to support USB keyboards? After you clear the CMOS you have to go through and confirm that all the BIOS settings are on proper way. Chances of motherboard battery being defective is there.Sometimes, failing external or internal devices generate electronic noise on start up which confuses the BIOS. Disconnect everything non-essential and see if the problem persists.

Check the bio's to see if you have any changes.. Also pull the battery out for a couple minutes and reinstall to see what happens...Switching the power off after shutting down the computer should not harm anything.Shutting the power off instead of shutting down the pc would.Have you tried a different keyboard? Have you tried reseating the existing one?If you're getting a 'reset defaults' message at boot up, it means the Cmos battery is dead and needs to be replaced. When the power is shut off, this battery provides a trickle of power to the system bios to remember any settings you've made.

If it still won't install and reliably recognize mouse and keyboard then perhaps the motherboard or the input devices are faulty.If it is connected by USB, and if so is the BIOS set to support USB keyboards? After you clear the CMOS you need to go through and check that all the BIOS settings are correct for your system.