Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: PxHelp20

Hardware Peripherals

Old 22-07-2009

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: PxHelp20

I got an error message in my event viewer: Event Id 7026, Error, "The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: PxHelp20". And now my dvd/cd rom started to act weird and gave me this message: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39). Can anyone help me out.

Old 22-07-2009

Re: The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: PxHelp20

Did you try to uninstall the optical drive and all the IDE devices in Device Manager and letting Windows reinstall the drivers at next reboot? It will solve your issue.
Old 22-07-2009

It might be also possible that your system might be infected with virus. Download the latest version of Combofix.exe from here and save it to your Desktop. Doubleclick on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. A window will open with a warning. Type "1" (and Enter) to start the fix. When the scan completes, Disk Cleanup will run and then a text window with your log will open. Please copy and paste that log back here.
Old 22-07-2009

The reason for the PxHelp20 error message is deleting certain media playback applications the file in question, PxHelp20.sys, is also deleted. This file is created by the application. In deleting this file the OS gets confused: trying to load a driver file that isn't there anymore. I had to delete the LowerFilter and UpperFilter keys in the registry. Now my drives are recognized by the OS. Also, when deleting these keys your current burning software may not work correctly. Simply uninstall then reinstall the software.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,