Thread: can sata use molex power connector to plugin one more hard disk

can sata use molex power connector to plugin one more hard disk

I already have Two hard disk, and i have purchased one new hard disk and for that in my power supply there are only two 4-pin Molex plug, do I need to purchase the new power cord or is there any other Molex plug will do the work for me.

Thanks

Re: can sata use molex power connector to plugin one more hard disk

8" Serial ATA Hard Drive Power Cable Adapter/Converter (15-pin to dual Molex 4-pin ) a modest graphic card it has 2 x sata connectors aswell as a single 6pin pi-express connector,and allthough adapter work perfectly Item is used when your internal Power Supply is SATA and or you do not have nay more White Molex 4-Pin Power Plugs for your other devices and you need to convert 15-pin sata power cable to dual molex connector!It would have been great for something like a message when purchasing the drive to ask if I have the required cables? SATA Serial ATA Splitter Power Cable(1 X 15 pin SATA power input connector to two Molex IDE ATA 4-Pin Standard Power Plugs)

You can use your sata drive using molex power connector, They support power connector or else there are adapters that can convert a Molex connector to a SATA power connector.

The XPS 700 comes with both SATA and Molex connectors. But then again the XPS system does have an IDE connector as well as SATA connectors for HDD and DVD ROM. SATA power cable connector. If the power supply unit in your PC doesn’t already have such connectors you can easily and cheaply obtain a cable adaptor which connects an ordinary Molex power connector. The XPS 700 comes with both SATA and Molex connectors. But then again the XPS system does have an IDE connector as well as SATA connectors for HDD and DVD ROM. SATA power cable connector. If the power supply unit in your PC doesn’t already have such connectors you can easily and cheaply obtain a cable adaptor which connects an ordinary Molex power connector.