Thread: Need Printer that work with Vista system

Need Printer that work with Vista system

Hi,

I have HP PhotoSmart Printer that used to work very well with my Windows XP system. Recently, I upgraded my Windows operating system from XP to Vista. When I tried to use my printer with newly installed Vista, it doesn't work with it. It seems that this printer is not compatible with Vista. I think I need to purchase a new one. Can anybody please suggest me the printers that work with Vista or is Vista-compatible ?

thanks

Re: Need Printer that work with Vista system

I would suggest you to keep checking websites of the manufacturers.

For example, if you are looking for HP printer that is compatible with Windows Vista, then check out HP for currently shipping printers and note down the model number and check Support, Downloads. With these, you can find which models of HP printer have Vista software downloads available.

The same scenario applies for other manufacturers as well, Lexmark, Cannon, Dell, etc.

All d Best

hi Demetrius,

Here is the link for - Epson and Lexmark Printers that supports Vista operating system.

EPSON Printer :: go to - http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...&noteoid=86150

LEXMARK Printer :: go to - http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/seque...567_en,00.html

Hope this helps you...

I am using HP PhotoSmart 7350 printer with Vista operating system. Here is the solution to how to make the same printer work with Vista.

First, you need to have an access to the installed driver on another system either from P2P or access to the drive of the XP system in a dual boot setup.

Install the HP software on the Vista system and when it says to connect the printer, first let it try, but when it cannot find, Cancel it. This will setup the correct USB/DOT4 devices, but will uninstall the driver.

Next, go to Add Printer and click have disk. Locate the driver on the P2P or drive. The printer should then appear in the list.

Once you find the printer in the list, install it..

That's it.....Best of Luck