Thread: Acer Extensa 5420 driver download

Acer Extensa 5420 driver download

I am going to purchase a Acer Extensa 5420 Laptop from my friend. The laptop is in good condition and used for some 8 months. But the problem here is that he does not has the manual and driver cd of this laptop. And here I am going to install windows vista in it. I can do that. I need the source from which I can download the drivers and the instructions to install windows vista. I had manage windows vista bootable disc. Thanks in advance.

Re: Acer Extensa 5420 driver download

The driver is available on the official site of acer. You can get and download each and every driver support. To do so log in on acer site and then click on support & driver. Then click on driver on the left side. Then click on Notebook. Then select the Extensa and model number Extensa 5420. A list will popup denoting audio, bluetooth, camera, card reader, ethernet, etc driver list. Download each of them and then make a cd out of that.

I am listing specification of that laptop if you need to upgrade it then you can review the details. The Acer Turion 64x2 mobile technology processor or Intel celeron. The processor speed is 1.9Ghz. The motherboard inside is Intel chipset motherboard. It has ATI radeon mobile graphic card on it. Supports up to 2 Gb of RAM, 250 GB hard drive, dvd writer, dvi-d output, 4 usb 2.0 ports, firewire, infrared port, microsoft windows vista premium, etc. It has windows in it but if you want to use you own copy the you can remove it.

Windows Vista setup is quiet simple by windows bootable disc. Do this insert the windows disc and restart your system. Then enter your bios by pressing del or f1 key. Go to boot menu and set CD drive as first boot device. Other thing when the system restart just press tab. A small menu will appear which ask you for boot device, select the cd rom from that. Then when the disc load up the in the menu select the drive and click on install. Vista will install automatically. Refer the below link for complete details.
    Install Windows 7 or Windows Vista on a Pc Without DVD Media